The safety of children is a priority for all parents, especially for novices who just had a baby. It is important to know that as the baby grows; the risks are changing, so it’s good to know what represents a risk for him and especially how to prevent accidents through measures appropriate security.
The newborn needs special attention and some basic safety measures for growth and development. In this sense and in the hospital you will receive the first advice from the professionals who attend you.
Do not hesitate to ask any questions you have regarding food, sleep of the baby or changing diapers, among other questions that you have. However, it is practical and everyday allowing you to gain confidence and experience.
It is important to remember that most of the time the child will be in your arms. The correct position to do is always maintain the fastened his head, since the child still has no force to keep it willingly. Most of their energy, the baby will invest in eating, moving and try to capture the world around them. For the same reason, when you have him in your arms, avoids other objects in hand, especially hot drinks or tools that cut, because from the 3 months already begin to move the hands from one side to the other.
In addition, security is also needed in everyday activities. Thus, you should be especially careful when undressing and dressing him and know how to do it without putting your little one in uncomfortable positions. Similarly, when you bathe him, you have to keep in mind a number of indications, as never leave him alone or use a bathtub designed specifically for young children. You can complete hygiene with a pear absorbent for his nose and ears. Remember that we strongly discourages against the use of cotton swabs.
During the first months of life of the child, it is especially important to have other these precautions:
- Avoid any toxic at home.
- Prevent the baby fall without adult supervision.
- Never leave a baby on a surface where he can roll over and fall down.
- Avoid leaving small or sharp objects within reach.
- For later when the child begins to crawl, use blockers plugs. In addition, consider buying fences or barriers to prevent to pass to other areas of the home such as the kitchen, stairs if there are, etc.
How can avoid the syndrome of sudden death?
The sudden infant death syndrome usually occurs in children under one year of age, and is particularly common between 2 and 4 months. It is a disorder that occurs suddenly and inexplicable, and therefore it is very difficult to prevent. However, you can take some basic steps to prevent it:
- Always baby to sleep on your back, on a firm mattress and a safe crib. Avoid pillows and padded clothing.
- Remove the area where the small sleeps the stuffed animals or any other soft object with which he can suffocate.
- Ensure that small face is uncovered during sleep.
- Intense heat away from where the child sleeps.
- Do not smoke or allow smoking in the room where he sleep.